CHANGE STARTS WHEN YOU CHOOSE GLASS!
Recycling has always been at the heart of our business.
We aim to produce our 100% recyclable glass products with zero impact on the environment, assuring that the next generations can live in a better world. We do this by applying sustainable processes throughout the organization and supporting social, economic, and cultural progress in the communities where we live and work.
By being a socially responsible corporate organization, we drive sustainability efforts together with our stakeholders and other companies to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What we can be proud of
- Our products are 100% recyclable without loss of quality.
- Our glass is 100 % food-safe and it is not harmful to the environment.
- We collect and re-use the glass in our factories so that each new glass starts with 20% to 50% of pre-consumer recycled glass.
- OPTIMELT furnace installation in our production unit in Holland reduced energy & CO2 by the glass melting process by up to 45%, with up to 75% less NOx released to the atmosphere.
- Our packaging material is made of 80% to 95% recycled cardboard.
- In 2021, our Dutch Plant's electric power came 100% from green electricity. Our Portuguese Plant is working towards the utilization of green energy (H₂).
- Our Portuguese Plant was awarded a silver medal of Eco-Vadis sustainable rating, observing labor & human rights and the environment. Placing our company among the top 25% of companies assessed by EcoVadis.
- We support a sheltered employment organization for people with disabilities.
- We celebrate diversity, racial equality and social justice.
- We embrace the responsibility of social progress by supporting a broad range of organizations through monetary and in-kind product donations.
- We work with a young start-up that gives a second life to used wine bottles, creating sustainable products for the end-consumer. Embracing circular economy.
- Of the total waste generated by our Portuguese Plant, 90% is recycled, working closely with national environmental and waste entities to promote recycling (packaging, industrial oils, batteries, etc.)
A sneak peek of our main goals:
- We want to be carbon neutral by 2050.
- We strive to 0% fossil-based plastic in its operations and deliveries by 2030.
- We will be involved in 5 initiatives per year, contributing to a sustainable community.
- We search to have at least 5 partnerships with sustainable organizations by 2025.